Vegetable Garden Scarecrows Ideas and Examples
Friendly Scarecrow Face Made from Pillowcase
Use our vegetable garden scarecrows ideas to build your idea of a perfect scarecrow!
Are you trying to keep birds out of your blueberries, or corn patch?
Be aware that your scarecrow may seem like a member of the family, so keep it really fun and friendly.
Fun Scarecrow Ideas for Your Garden
Vegetable Garden Scarecrows Video
Build Your Own Scarecrow Plans
Cute Easy-To-Make Scarecrow Idea
Here are some easy steps to build your own garden scarecrow at home:
- Get two poles or stakes that you can fasten into a "t" shape. This will give you the body, and arms for your scarecrow.
- Drive a wooden stake, or metal fence post into the ground where you want to locate your scarecrow.
- Use wire or heavy-duty plastic fasteners to fasten your "t" stakes to the stake in the ground.
- Leave enough room on the top of your stake to fasten the head of your scarecrow. The head can be made from an old pillowcase, or other material. Just putting an upside down flowerpot or lampshade makes a very cute head!
- Find an old shirt, jacket, or dress and place it on the "t". Stuff the costume with recycled plastic bags, or any other material that won't get water-logged and decompose.
Cute Scarecrow Dressed in Red
- Use belts or ties as needed to shape your scarecrow.
- Add stuffed gloves to the end of the sleeves if desired.
- Tie shoes or boots to the ends of the pant-legs if your scarecrow has pants.
- Add a hat, and straw (plastic straw lasts longer) or yarn for hair.
- Draw or sew a cute face on your scarecrow.
- Accessorize as desired!
This Scarecrow is Ready to Garden!
Children's Paper Plate
A fun project for preschool and early elementary-age children is to make a paper-plate scarecrow.
Here are some ideas for decorating a paper plate scarecrow:
- Use a plain white paper or plastic plate.
- Cut out or draw eyes, nose and mouth.
- Use yellow, red, brown, or black yarn, or construction paper for hair.
- Glue on large buttons for eyes (not for very small children who might put them in their mouth)
- Make a hat out of felt or construction paper.
Sophisticated Scarecrow Couple Guarding the Garden!
Decorating for Fall with Scarecrows
Scarecrows also make fun porch or lawn decorations for fall and Halloween.
Your scarecrow can sit on your front porch and warn you when you have visitors coming!
Small trick-or-treaters enjoy seeing scarecrows, as long as they aren't too scary-looking.
So if you don't need vegetable garden scarecrows, don't let this keep you from having the fun of building and decorating your own scarecrow this fall season!
Sunflower Scarecrow Idea
Another fun idea for fall is to plant a row of sunflowers near a fence in your front yard.
At the end of summer, you can decorate the sunflowers with hats, old eye-glasses, sunglasses, scarf, and any other ideas you can come up with.
Your sunflower scarecrows will put a smile on everyone's face!
Scarecrow Photo Gallery
|Garden Scarecrow Ideas
Flower Pot Scarecrow Idea
Fun Halloween Scarecrow Idea
Cute Garden Scarecrow
Fun Scarecrow for the Garden
Scarecrow with Apron
Construction-Worker Garden Scarecrow
Bowler-Hat Garden Scarecrow Idea
Garden Pixie Scarecrow
Country-Guy Garden Scarecrow
|Garden Scarecrow Idea
Garden Scarecrow Face
Lady Pioneer Scarecrow
Great Scarecrow Ideas
Lampshade-Head Scarecrow Idea
Blue-Scarf Garden Scarecrow
Cute Couple Garden Scarecrows
Your first paragraph ...